Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Internet Still Not A Haven Of Rationality

I'll have more to say about the sudden Clockwork Orange-ness of Sydney later, but for now let me just observe that Sydney Craigslist is finally beginning to kick off.

I don't think many Sydney folk know about Craigslist; it's usually just populated by whining Americans and semi-literate Brits trying to pick a fight. This disappoints me; I was in the US just after Hurricane Katrina, and Craigslist Rants & Raves was, even more so than usual, a fascinating glimpse of the very worst aspects of the nation's id. At time of writing, all this nonsense in Sydney has generated a whopping nine posts, most of which also look to be from whining Americans and semi-literate Brits, but at least it's a start. And look! Someone's even posted an article from those zany racists at VDare! I feel quite nostalgic.