Thursday, January 26, 2006

Airline Blanket, Saturated With Tears

I haven't just been weeping into a blanket over the loss of Lou Rawls. I've been travelling and things. Currently with the Flogs, where - in a stunning turn of events - we have been drinking various things.

Meanwhile, I feel for United Airlines, who are still going through the motions of running an airline, despite having been in Chapter 11 for years now. Something is clearly getting them down, and I'm going to charitably assume that this is it. Soon, we'll see slogans like
UNITED AIRLINES: OH NO! YOU, THE CUSTOMER, ARE UPSET ABOUT SOMETHING? WE'D BETTER HURRY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, OTHERWISE WE MIGHT GO MORE BANKRUPT!
A certain lack of focus would be excusable, is all I'm saying. My own excuses are similar.

UPDATE: Hmmm. Maybe not.