Monday, December 19, 2005

Addicted To Love!

So, this just made my afternoon.

Alas, if you're actually paying attention to what you're reading, you probably won't experience the thrill of discovery that I did - the headline kind of gives the twist away. I thought I was skimming some piece of nonsense about how smoking in movies is a terrible social ill, innocently grumbling to myself, and then suddenly... well, I snarfed my coffee somewhere around the line
That's performing a good public service. But let's take this humanitarian impulse one step further. We would suggest that ABC News take on another dangerous practice — homosexuality.
Now, that's the kind of segue you just don't see very often anymore! It's even better if you imagine it delivered a la Will Ferrell in Anchorman.
The practice shows the dangerous and addictive nature of the homosexual lifestyle. As if it wasn't bad enough that the homosexual men are HIV-positive, they simply cannot stop having sex with other men. So they are still having sex, this time with other HIV-positive men... It appears that the homosexual lifestyle is as addictive as smoking.
I am reasonably certain that this wasn't intended as a joke.