Friday, March 11, 2005

Problems I Didn't Encounter Working At Taco Bell

Infrequent updates here, as another week slides into a bubbly vat of margarita mix. To resort to William Burroughs' favorite onomatopoeia, schlup!

I have a job interview tomorrow. The job is a number of thousands of miles away, and the interview will be conducted over the phone. Alas, I have no recollection of applying for a job at this institution, and have absolutely no clue how to pronounce its name. So, my plan is to call them from someone else's cellphone, wait for someone to answer and say it correctly, then hang up. If I use a cellphone with a different area code, they'll never suspect a thing.

Strategies like this one didn't keep me out of the really good schools, exactly, but they probably doomed me to failure once I was there.