Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Coulter Swallows Own Tail

Well, this had to happen sooner or later:
They're always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them... I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment.
Not to take Ann Coulter seriously, or anything like that, but I think this is a cry for help: she's bored of the shtick and now the best thing for her career would be for someone to lend her credibility by actually trying to shut her down. If she has to do it herself, though, it'd be amusingly similar to the time a shipment of Andrea Dworkin's books was destroyed at the Canadian border after falling foul of the draconian anti-speech laws Dworkin herself co-authored. Maybe there's a provision in McCain-Feingold that will save Coulter the effort, although I doubt her adoring public will cooperate:
She's a little raw, but I think she balances the left's Michael Moore.
Why the fuck does Michael Moore need balancing? Just let him fall over.